También hay una versión de esta pagina en Español.
The public transport network in Nicaragua is very widespread, so you can get nearly everywhere by taking buses.
With help of OpenStreetMap, osm2gtfs, navitia, public-transport-enabler and Transportr we were able to build the first trip planning application in Nicaragua that serves the regions of the capital Managua, the city of Estelí and some national bus routes. As of today, all required modifications of the mentioned tools we did to let them work for Nicaragua (and the rest of the world) were merged, so we’re fully upstream.
You can find a list of related articles here:
- Mobile applications for Nicaragua’s public transport, Aug 2, 2018
- German: Liberation of Nicaragua’s public transport data, Jul 8, 2018
- German: Yesterday and today: Public Transport in Nicaragua, Jul 7, 2018
- OpenStreetMap and the Buses in Nicaragua - Presentation in Casa Vínculos, Estelí, Mar 18, 2018
- osm2gtfs, extendable for any city, Jan 24, 2018
- Mapping the buses of Estelí and Nicaragua, Nov 22, 2017
- The true geographers are in the buses, Feb 2, 2016
- Mostly Spanish: Articles about MapaNica.net
Transportr Nicaragua was a experimental, modified version of the official version that routed you with your Android device through the public transport of Nicaragua.
Shortly after publishing the modified version, support for Nicaragua was added in the official version, so you can now use it there.
If you want to build your own cool stuff with public transport data of Nicaragua, you can find the according GTFS archives at datos.mapanica.net. All data include information from OpenStreetMap and are licensed under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).